Nordic Macro Monthly: The turnaround is close, but downside risks dominate
- The Nordic economies stand strong and pre-crisis GDP levels are within reach.
- The pandemic still threatens the recovery as mutation variants spread and vaccination lags.
- Special theme: Targeted and timely support to businesses remains crucial.
- Fiscal support to businesses has been extended during the second wave.
- Intentions and scope are similar across the Nordics, but execution is different.
- Late payments could risk unintended bankruptcies and unemployment, highest risk in Sweden.
Pernilla Johansson, email@example.com
Sonja Liukkonen, firstname.lastname@example.org