Latvia's labour market under pressure
Latvia’s labour market is showing some signs of overheating. Although competitiveness pressures are present, they are way below record highs seen in the pre-crisis period.
The ongoing economic expansion has brought unemployment rate considerably down and further decreases will be more challenging.
- Increasing labour shortages suggest the economy is close to its full employment.
- Labour market tightening is exerting upward pressure on wages.
- The productivity growth falls behind wage growth, which can weigh on competitiveness and thereby export growth; export market shares still remain intact though.
- However, the overall price pressures seem moderate.
- There is still some slack in the labour market that can be unlocked by promoting mobility and training, changes to the way companies organise work.
For more information please contact Ms. Agnese Buceniece, +371 67445875, email@example.com
This email is sent through the web-based distribution system of Swedbank Macro Research. As a subscriber you can change your settings regarding what publications you will receive by clicking “Change your settings”. You can also unsubscribe from this particular newsletter by clicking "Unsubscribe". Information on the Swedbank Principles of processing personal data can be found here.